Monday 31 August 2020

Cat, dog, chickens, one-syllable slogans, dentists

I made more salmon and courgette tagliatelle than I could eat. I shared the leftovers with my neighour’s cat, dog and chickens. The cat ate only the salmon, the chickens ate the salmon and the tagliatelle, the dog ate everything. The dog made friends with me for life, the chickens were puzzled, the cat looked at me as if I had offered to pay for dinner at the Ritz with food vouchers.

 

People who vote for politicians who campaign for office on one-syllable slogans can expect their lives to be shaken up after the election in inverse proportion to the length of the campaign slogans.

 

I opened wide, as instructed. The dentist examined both sides of my wallet and said that my Master Card was impacted, and that in order to expose it he would have to make some space on my Visa.

No comments:

Post a Comment