Thursday 18 March 2021

Lying, civilisation, constitutional freedoms

I lie not to hide my feelings but because I have limited truth vocabulary. What does one say for example when one has almost had a good time? And I almost always almost have a good time – more often anyway than a good time, a fabulous time or an awful time.

I’ve heard it said that the ambulance siren is a triumph of civilisation. I’ve heard the same said about the ringing of church bells. Personally, I stand by the flushing of a toilet.

 

An unprecedented erosion of constitutional freedoms – the right to spit on the street, to blow snot rockets, to pick, roll and flick bogeys to name but a few – is taking place while the lily-livered establishment are betraying their electorate and pandering to the face mask lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment